Friday, August 6, 2010

Mennonite Relief Sale in Kidron


We just went to the Mennonite Relief Sale in Kidron that is a yearly event in the area. All the funds go to relief efforts throughout the world. Our first stop was at the used book sale. It is a great place to find books for the girls and is by a donation basis. The highlight for me was the Laotian egg rolls. They are wonderful. Last year I liked them so much that I've been really looking forward to them. I even brought my own soy sauce :) The fresh lemonade is also a real treat. Also the Gerbers chicken is very popular and the homemade ice cream. Joy & Faith really enjoy the train ride. Pulled by a tractor train, about 15 little trolleys made from oil barrels go zooming in and around all the people at the sale. It was hard to pull them away after their ride. The Mennonite Relief Sale is definitely something worth going to if you are in the area the first Friday and Saturday of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment